Welcome to Karin’s Kitchen!
Balance, health, pleasure, love, and acceptance are the values that drive me in both my personal and professional life. Today, I would like to share with the world that healthy eating is simple, easy, tasty, and available to everyone. Continue reading as I’ll drop my 5 Ingredient Oat Bagel, which is completely healthy. If you are like me who LOOOOOVES bagels, then you’ll enjoy this recipe! You can add whatever toppings you like to make this YOUR dream bagel 😍 like raisin and cinnamon, everything but the bagel, almond butter and banana, avocado, and an over-easy sunny side egg
1.5 cups oat flour (put large flake oats in a Vitamix and blend well)
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt)
1 egg white (to brush on the bagel before baking)
Optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds etc…
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt, 1 egg and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl for about 15-20 turns. It may be a little sticky still but most pull away from your hands easily.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball into long ropes and join the ends to form bagels.
- Top with egg white wash and sprinkle the top with seasoning. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.