No products in the cart.
Festive Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- Saute garlic and onion in coconut oil on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add in ground turkey and veggies, then stir in sauce and other herbs. Cook until turkey is medium done, meanwhile carving out 4 orange bell peppers.
- Carve jack-o-lantern faces into your bell peppers and save the tops for decoration (optional). Scoop the pepper filling into each carved out pepper. Spoon a tsp parmesan cheese on top of each pepper (optional), then top with its “lid.” Bake at 425-430 degrees for 35 mins.
- Let cool 5-10 mins, then enjoy!
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbs water)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ – 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs coconut or avocado oil
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mash garbanzo beans then add all remaining ingredients and combine well. Feel free to add a tablespoon or two of flour to make mixture thick.
- Then spoon mixture to form patties on your skillet using the coconut oil to “fry” the fritters and cook until golden, flipping halfway.
- You can also coat patties with panko bread crumbs for a crunchy crust
Pumpkin Potato Soup
- 8 red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours on high or until potatoes are soft.
Halloween Pumpkin Parfait
- 1 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 1.5 crushed ginger snaps
- stevia to taste
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream for topping
- In a small bowl, mix pumpkin, 1 cup of the greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice and stevia until well combined. In another small bowl mix stevia into the remaining greek yogurt. In a small parfait glass, place half the pumpkin mixture in the bottom of the glass, top with the ginger snap crumbs. Then add the plain greek yogurt, top with ginger snap crumbs again add then layer with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Top with whipped cream and more ginger snaps! Feel free to substitute pecans or almonds with the ginger snaps for the addition of some healthy fats!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut squash (about 5 lbs.)
- 1 green apple, sliced and cored
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the butternut squash, olive oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp cumin. Mix together, coating the squash well. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Next, in the same bowl that the butternut squash was in, toss the apple slices, onion, and carrots to coat with the remnants. Place on a second rimmed baking sheet and add both baking sheets to the oven. Roast for 35-40 minutes until soft, stirring once.
- Heat up ghee over medium heat in a large pot on the stove. Add the roasted ingredients and then the chicken broth. Add 1 teaspoon each of salt, cinnamon and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat too low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, combine the ingredients until smooth, serve warm
Makes: 10 serving
Calories per serving: 160/ Fat: 4.5 g / Carbs: 31 g / Sugar:7 g / Protein: 3 g