No products in the cart.
DESSERT, HEALTHY, SNACK, RECIPE, SUMMER , COOL
Its starting to get warmer and as the heat grows stronger the clothes shrink shorter, and let’s face it no one enjoys feeling uncomfortable in the heat. Luckily, it’s still only the beginning of May and there is still time to whip ourselves into shape before our next big beach day or summer vacation.
The problem is, and let me know if you agree, when it’s starting to get hot it’s more difficult to find satisfying snacks that are both tasty and healthy. I get so cranky and hungry around this season that I knew I had to find a solution. Lucky for you, after tons of researching I found the perfect recipes to satisfy my summer, snack, sweet tooth. While unfortunately I still haven’t found a way to take all the carbs, fat, and sugar out of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, I was able to find an equally delicious alternative to ice cream, It’s called Nice cream, because it is A LOT nicer to your gut. I was also able to find a recipe for ice cream’s icier counterpart, the popsicle and let me tell you, you wont be going back to eating artificially flavored sugar ice sticks anytime soon!
So here you go, the only two treats you’ll need to keep you fully satisfied this summer…
- 2 frozen bananas
- 5-6 frozen cherries
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cashew butter
- Toppings of your choice: i like to use hemp seeds, fresh fruit, cocoa nibs, almonds, or granola
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 110 / Fat 3 g / Carbs: 23 g / Sugar 12 g / Protein 2 g
Serving suggestion: 1 /3 of the portion
Banana Peach Creamsicles
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted and quartered (I leave the peel on)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup fage greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can freeze the mixture in ice cube trays or small paper cups. When your smoothie mixture is slightly frozen, just stick a plastic spoon or wooden popsicle stick in each serving and continue to freeze.
- Remove popsicles from their mold. Serve and enjoy!
Makes: 10, 3 oz. popsicles
Serving size: 1, 3 oz. popsicle
Nutritional info per serving: calories 69/ fat 1.7 grams / carbs 12 / sugar 11 grams / protein 1.9 grams
Serving suggestion: one popsicle as a snack or dessert (up to twice a week)