No products in the cart.
[sg_popup id=”7851″ event=”inherit”][/sg_popup][sg_popup id=”8808″ event=”inherit”][/sg_popup][sg_popup id=”8808″ event=”inherit”][/sg_popup]Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Pound cake
While pound cake has traditionally been made with a pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour, I’ve made some adjustments for the best flavor (hello, vanilla extract!). My recipe has a soft, buttery crumb that’s perfectly dense without being at all dry or crumbly and I think you’re really going to like it!
* 2 cups of blanched almond flour
* 1/4 cup coconut flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Zest of 1 lemon
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
* 1/4 cup maple syrup / date syrup
* 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries
For the Lemon Syrup:
* 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1 tsp lemon zest
* 1 tbsp maple / date syrup
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an english cake pan, and line with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
3. In another bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients: lemon juice, vanilla extract
coconut oil, date syrup / maple syrup, eggs, and milk.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry, mix well.
5. Spoon and spread half of the cake batter on the bottom of your pan. Top with 2/3 cup blueberries. Add the remaining batter, spread so that it’s even across the blueberries, and top with remaining blueberries.
6. Place in the oven, bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden and cake is cooked through/
7. To make the glaze, mix together lemon juice, coconut oil, zest, and honey. Gently spoon over cake.
8. Serve at room temperature. Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Want more fun easy recipes?! my Dessert Book had more than 60 amazing, tasty easy recipe.!